Friday, August 18, 2006

The Power of the GPSMAP 496 XM Weather

Don't fly here!

If you want to know the more information about a weather cell, move your cursor over the cell (depicted with an arrow) and hit enter.

Full data on that specific Storm Cell

Also, you can view Airmets


Blogger cgrxman said...

The 496 is absolutely awesome! I often fly an airplane with no power outlet, so I end up running off of battery power. To conserve power, I'll only keep the GXM-30 plugged in until I get my weather, and then I'll pull the plug and review. I do this about once very hour or so. The problem is that I have to wait for Marine Warnings, etc. to download when what I really need is the METAR, winds, TAF, and NEXRAD to help with decision making.

Is there a way to prioritize what weather comes in first?

8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home